Admission Notice - 2010 All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) Admission to M.Sc./ M. Biotechnology/ M.Sc./M.Sc. Nursing / B.Sc. Nursing
All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS)
|Name of Institute / University|
All India Institute of Medical Sciences
Applications are invited for admission to the following courses for August 2010 session:
1. M.Sc. (2 years): Biochemistry, Biophysics, Physiology, Pharmacology, Perfusion Technology, Nuclear Medicine Technology
2. M. Biotechnology (2 years)
3. M.Sc. Nursing (2 years): Cardiological/CTVS Nursing, Oncological Nursing, Neuro-Sciences Nursing, Nephrological Nursing, Critical care Nursing, Pediatrics Nursing, Psychiatric Nursing
4. B.Sc. (Hons.) Nursing: (4 years) (for Female candidates only)
5. B.Sc. (Hons.) Para Medical Courses (3 years): i) Ophthalmic Techniques ii) Medical Technology in Radiography
6. B.Sc. Nursing (Post Certificate) (2 years)
1. M.Sc. Course in Anatomy, Biochemistry, Biophysics, Pharmacology & Physiology :- The candidate must possess a degree of M.B.B.S. / B.D.S. and have secured atleast 55% marks (50% for SC/ST candidates) or B.V.Sc./B.Pharma or B.Sc. degree course (3 years) or Bachelor of Physiotherapy (4% years course) with at least 60% marks (55% for SC/ST candidates).
2) M.Sc. Perfusion Technology :- B.Sc. with Biology (Botany and or Zoology) or B.Sc. in Perfusion Technology from a recognized University with at least 60% marks (55% for SC/ST Candidates).
3) M.Sc. Nuclear Medicine Technology :- B.Sc. in Nuclear Medicine or B.Sc. with Physics / Chemistry / Mathematics or B.Sc. in allied related subject i.e. Radio-diagnosis (MRT), Radiotherapy or B.Sc. in Life Sciences with Physics as a main subject from a recognized University with at least 60% marks (55% for SC/ST Candidates).
4. M. Biotechnology :- The candidate must possess a degree of M.B.B.S. / B.D.S. and have secured atleast 55% marks (50% for SC/ST candidates) or B.V.Sc. / B.Pharma or B.Sc. degree course (3 years) with at least 60% marks (55% for SC/ST candidates).
5. M.Sc. Nursing :- B.Sc. (Hons.) Nursing / B.Sc. Nursing (Post-Certificate) / Post Basic! B.Sc. Nursing (4 years) course from an educational Institution/ University recognised by the Indian Nursing Council. Candidate must have secured at least 60% marks (55% for SC/ST candidates) in the qualifying examination and is registered as Nurse/ Midwife with Nursing Council of India or any State Nurses Registration Council.
( N.B.: A candidate is not allowed to submit more than one application for M.Sc. Courses.)
6. B.Sc. (Hons.) Nursing :- The candidate must have passed 12th class under 10+2 system or an equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English securing not less than 55% marks (50% in case of SC/ST candidates) in aggregate in these subjects. Only female candidates are eligible.
7. B.Sc. (Hons.) Para-Medical Courses :- The candidate must have passed 12th class under 10+2 system or an equivalent examination with English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology or Mathematics securing not less than 50% marks (45% in case of SC/ST) in aggregate in these subjects.
8. B.Sc. Nursing (Post-Certificate) :- The candidate must have A) Passed higher secondary or senior secondary or intermediate (10+2) examination or an equivalent examination of a recognized board/ university (those who have passed 10+1 on or before’1986 are also eligible to apply). B) Obtained a certificate in General Nursing and Midwifery and to be an "A" Grade Nurse registered with Nursing Council of India or any State Nurses Registration Council.
In case of Male nurse, instead of training in Midwifery, training for a period of three months each in any two out of the following subjects is necessary: (i) Venereal Disease Nursing, (ii) Tuberculosis Nursing, (iii) Ophthalmic Nursing, (iv) Psychiatric Nursing and (v) Operation Theatre Techniques.
C) Worked for at least 3 years as a staff Nurse in a recognized hospital or in Public Health Nursing field after obtaining the above mentioned certificates.
NOTE : Candidates who are to appear in 12th class examination under 10+2 system or an equivalent examination in March/April 2010 and whose result are likely to be declared before 1st July, 2010 are also eligible to apply for B.Sc. (Hons.) Nursing and B.Sc. (Hons.) Para-Medical courses.
Minimum Age : The candidate should have attained the age of 17 (seventeen) years as on 31st December, 2010.
How To Apply
Prospectus-Cum-Application Form :- There is a common- instructions and Application Form for all the courses mentioned above (Only one application has to be submitted for the two Para-Medical courses).
The Application fee is Rs. 1000/- (Rs. 800/- in case of SC/ST candidates) inclusive of examination fee.
A) On-line – A candidates can submit application On-Line through Internet at www.aiimsexams.org and carefully follow the instructions given therein. The candidate can pay the application fee through a credit card/ debit card or through DD drawn in the favour of AO (Exam), AIIMS payable at New Delhi or through challan of State Bank of India.
Transaction Processing Fee at the following rates will be payable to the Bank (Only for On-line Applications).
1. Amex Credit Card, Diners Credit Card: 4% of the Transaction amount.
2. Visa & MasterCard, Credit/ Debit cards and Net Banking: 2.5% of the Transaction Amount
3. On cash through challan at any Branch of State Bank of India: Rs.25/- (or as applicable)
Off-Line: The Prospectus-cum-Application Form can also be obtained personally against D.D of Rs.1000/- (800/- for SC/ST) from the Reception of Examination Section, AIIMS, New Delhi - 110 008. The Demand Draft should be prepared in favour of Accounts Officer (Exams), AIIMS payable at New Delhi.
C) The Prospectus cum application form can also be obtain by Speed Post/ Registered Post by sending a written request with an account payee Bank Demand Draft of Rs.1050/- (Rs.850/- for SC / ST candidates) in favour of ACCOUNTS OFFICER (EXAMS), AIIMS payable at New Delhi.
The Bank Draft should be valid up to July/August 2010. The name of the course applied for must be written on reverse of the Demand Draft along with candidate's name. The request must reach the Assistant Controller of Examinations, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Ansari Nagar, New Delhi - 110 608 on or before 30th April, 2010.
Money Order/Cheque/Postal Order/Cash or any other form of
payment will NOT be accepted for postal sale.
The words "REQUEST FOR APPLICATION FORM FOR M.Sc/B.Sc COURSES ENTRANCE EXAMINATION 2010" should be written on the envelope containing request for application form, and also on top of the request letter: The address at which Application Form is required should be written clearly in CAPITAL LETTERS with PIN code.
Address: Assistant Controller of Examinations, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Ansari Nagar, New Delhi - 110 608
Tel: 011 - 26588500, 26588700
Fax: 011 - 26588663
Last date for Issue of form
30 April 2010
Last date for receipt of form
04 May 2010
Date of Entrance Examination
M.Sc. Course: 10th July, 2010 (Saturday) in Delhi
M. Biotechnology: 17th July, 2010 (Saturday) in Delhi
M.Sc. Nursing: 27th June, 2010 (Sunday) in Delhi
B.Sc. (Hons.) Nursing: 13th June, 2010 (Sunday) in Delhi & Thiruvananthapuram
B.Sc. (Hons.) Para Medical Courses: 5th June, 2010 (Saturday) in Delhi
B.Sc. Nursing (Post Certificate): 19th June, 2010 (Sunday) in Delhi
Source: [ http://www.aiims.edu/ ]
All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Master of Science, Biochemistry, Biophysics, Physiology, Pharmacology, Perfusion Technology, Nuclear Medicine Technology, M.Sc. Nursing, Bachelor of Science, Para Medical Courses, Ophthalmic Techniques, Medical Technology in Radiography, M. Biotechnology, MBBS, BDS, Nursing Council of India, Venereal Disease Nursing, Tuberculosis Nursing, Psychiatric Nursing, New Delhi